Dance 101’s spectacular student performance showcase
“I’d Rather Be Dancing!” Season 20 is hitting the stage November 10 – 12th, 2023!
Our performance pieces are beautifully staged and choreographed for all dance levels. This is NOT a recital! This is a dance showcase (and an experience of a lifetime!) with concert grade lighting and an audience of up to 160 people each show!
FALL SHOW DATES (all at dance 101):
- Friday November 10th at 8pm
- Saturday November 11th at 5pm
- Saturday November 11th at 8pm
- Sunday November 12th at 6pm
Tickets will go on sale on Monday October 30th. $25/tx Purchase online or at the studio.
Please no children under 8yrs.
General Information about the Performance Series at dance 101!
- Our Fall 2023 show is currently in rehearsals!
- The next Performance Series opportunity (Spring 2024) will open for registration in December.
- Choreographers will be announced ~December 8th and registration begins on December 15th.
- Rehearsals begin in January, after the new year holiday.
- No audition required. However, we do require that you commit to having this experience and prioritize attending rehearsals.
- Show Choreographers are teachers on faculty at dance 101.
- We strongly suggest you become familiar with the Choreographer’s work prior to signing up. This means: take their classes! Learn their style and taste in music.
- During registration week, show choreographers will teach a segment of their show choreography in their classes. This gives you the opportunity to be doubly sure of your committment… because there are no refunds!
- Registration will close once a piece hits its capacity or by the first rehearsal, whichever happens first.
PRO TIP: Make sure you’ve opted into our weekly newsletter (The 101) to be the most informed regarding piece availability as well as studio happenings. Never miss a beat!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- The cost of the Performance Series is $295 for active dance 101 students and $355 for non-active dance 101 students. Active is defined as having a current class card or membership at time of registration. Active student status will be verified.
- This cost will include 1 dance piece of your choice, eight 90 minute rehearsals* (in addition to dress, show and tech rehearsals), 4 performances, and 2 tickets to the show of your choosing (to be determined at dress rehearsal). Costumes and additional tickets are not included.
- ADD-ON (additional $35-40): a commemorative one of a kind IRBD show t-shirt.
A WORD ABOUT REHEARSALS:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early so you can warm up and be ready to maximize every minute of your rehearsal.
- Expect to be given practice homework every week!
- Do your homework. Very important! Rehearsals are not for reviewing, they are for progressing.
- For maximum stage time, attend all rehearsals. You can not be inserted into a formation if you are absent on the day it was set.
- Respect the creative process and decisions your choreographer makes. This is NOT a recital to showcase what you’ve learned. It is an artistic expression of message through movement.. Do not expect a solo (although you might get one if its relevant to the storyline).
- Come to rehearsals prepared and rested and with intention and gratitude.
You are about to have one of the most amazing experiences of your life! Be all in!
- SPRING 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday December 15th
Registration opens: Monday December 18th
Rehearsal Period: January 8th – March 4th
Show Weekend: March 22nd – 24th, 2024
- SUMMER 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday April 12th
Registration opens: Monday April 15th
Rehearsal Period: May 5th – June 30th (skipping Memorial day & July 4th)
Show Weekend: July 26 – 28th, 2024
- FALL 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday August 16th
Registration opens: Monday August 19th
Rehearsal Period: September 8th – October 27th
Show Weekend: November 22nd – 24th, 2024