Dance 101’s spectacular student performance showcase
“I’d Rather Be Dancing!” Season 21 hits the stage March 15 – 17, 2024!
Our performance pieces are beautifully staged and choreographed for all dance levels. This is NOT a recital! This is a dance showcase (and an experience of a lifetime!) with concert grade lighting and an audience of up to 160 people each show!
Presenting your Spring I’d Rather Be Dancing season 21 Choreographers:
- Stylized Jazz (Experienced Beginner) with Grace Rehearsing Friday nights 6-7:30pm starting January 5th
- Contemporary (Intermediate) with Susie Rehearsing Saturdays 1-2:30pm starting January 6th
- King of Hearts (Intermediate Hip Hop) with Jared Rehearsing Sundays 12-1:30pm starting January 7th
- The Joy of Tap (Intermediate Tap) with Barry Rehearsing Sundays 1:30-3pm starting January 7th
- A-Town Funk (All Levels Hip Hop) with Kevin Rehearsing Mondays 8-9:30pm starting January 8th
- La Mezcla (All Levels Flamenco Fusion) with Melissa Rehearsing Mondays 8-9:30pm starting January 8th
- Beginner Contemporary with Jena Rehearsing Tuesdays 8-9:30pm starting January 9th
- Shelly with SoulFull Contemporary (Beg/Int) Rehearsing Wednesdays 8-9:30pm starting January 10th
Early Registration opens Friday December 15th 12-5pm. Regular Registration will follow Monday December 18th at 10am. A registration button will be published below this lineup once it goes live.
General Information about the Performance Series at dance 101!
- The next Performance Series opportunity (Spring 2024) will open for registration in December.
- Choreographers will be announced December 1st and registration begins on December 15th.
- Rehearsals begin in January, after the new year holiday.
- No audition required. However, we do require that you commit to having this experience and prioritize attending rehearsals.
- Show Choreographers are teachers on faculty at dance 101.
- We strongly suggest you become familiar with the Choreographer’s work prior to signing up. This means: take their classes! Learn their style and taste in music.
- During registration week, show choreographers will teach a segment of their show choreography in their classes. This gives you the opportunity to be doubly sure of your committment… because there are no refunds!
- Registration will close once a piece hits its capacity or by the first rehearsal, whichever happens first.
PRO TIP: Make sure you’ve opted into our weekly newsletter (The 101) to be the most informed regarding piece availability as well as studio happenings. Never miss a beat!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- The cost of the Performance Series is $295 for active dance 101 students and $355 for non-active dance 101 students. Active is defined as having a current class card or membership at time of registration. Active student status will be verified. Make sure you’re logged in to get the Active price. No refunds if you register incorrectly.
- This cost will include 1 dance piece of your choice, eight 90 minute rehearsals* (in addition to dress, show and tech rehearsals), 4 performances, and 2 tickets to the show of your choosing (to be determined at dress rehearsal). Costumes and additional tickets are not included.
- ADD-ON (additional $40-45): a commemorative one of a kind IRBD show t-shirt.
A WORD ABOUT REHEARSALS:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early so you can warm up and be ready to maximize every minute of your rehearsal.
- Expect to be given practice homework every week!
- Do your homework. Very important! Rehearsals are not for reviewing, they are for progressing.
- For maximum stage time, attend all rehearsals. You can not be inserted into a formation if you are absent on the day it was set.
- Respect the creative process and decisions your choreographer makes. This is NOT a recital to showcase what you’ve learned. It is an artistic expression of message through movement.. Do not expect a solo (although you might get one if its relevant to the storyline).
- Come to rehearsals prepared and rested and with intention and gratitude.
You are about to have one of the most amazing experiences of your life! Be all in!
- SPRING 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday December 15th
Registration opens: Monday December 18th
Rehearsal Period: January 8th – March 4th
Show Weekend: March 15th – 17th, 2024
- SUMMER 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday April 12th
Registration opens: Monday April 15th
Rehearsal Period: May 5th – June 30th (skipping Memorial day & July 4th)
Show Weekend: July 26 – 28th, 2024
- FALL 2024:
Pre-Registration opens: Friday August 16th
Registration opens: Monday August 19th
Rehearsal Period: September 3rd – October 25th
Show Weekend: November 15 – 17th, 2024